The unique location of the Colleges in urban and rural settings, and the exchange programmes encouraged towards qualification, gives our students the much-needed exposure to all the Kenya settings.
The 56 constituent colleges of the expansive institution - spread throughout the country as far as Lodwar and Garissa, Loitoktok and Kisumu - ensures decentralization of health services to the community.
The close proximity of these colleges to government hospitals gives them an edge over all other health training facilities in Kenya and in the African continent.
Kenya Medical Training College is one of the best higher learning institutions in the world.
In a report released by a Spain-based research institution – Cybemetrics Lab – on its website, KMTC has been placed position 94 in Sub-saharan Africa and 165 in the world.
The College is ranked the best mid- level training institution in Kenya with University of Nairobi and Kenyatta University and some other universities placed ahead of it.
The "Webometrics Ranking of World Universities" is an initiative of the Cybermetrics Lab, a research group belonging to the Spanish National Research Council, (CSIC), the largest public research body in Spain.
According to the Webometrics website, CSIC is attached to the Ministry of Education and its main objective is to promote scientific research as to improve the progress of the scientific and technological level of the country which will contribute to increase the welfare of the citizens.
The Ranking Web or Webometrics is the largest academic ranking of Higher Education Institutions.
Every six months since 2004, an independent, objective, free, open scientific exercise is performed by the Cybermetrics Lab.
The aim of CSIC is to provide “reliable, multidimensional, updated and useful information about the performance of universities from all over the world based on their web presence and impact,” says the site.
Ranking of institutions is only carried out following a correct, comprehensive and deep evaluation of the university global performance, taking into account its activities and outputs and their relevance and impact.
1. Counties and CDF are supporting students however the amounts given are very minimal except few
2. Process is self-Initiated by the student at the county level.
3. Bursary form is obtained at the county offices
4. Follow up is by individuals concerned or their guardian after applying
1. Available for KMTC students as Afya Elimu Fund that was negotiated by KMTC and FUNZOKenya (Partner with KMTC)
2. There are two Categories: -
First Time Applicants – All students who have never applied for HELB LOAN at any time irrespective of the year of study
Subsequent Applicants – All students who have at any given time applied for HELB Loan irrespective of whether they benefitted or not
3. Process- Applied after the HELB office puts an advert specifying the category to apply
4. Applications are done on-line or as per guidelines on the advertisement
5. Application forms are downloaded later for appropriate signatories and sent to HELB Loan Office directly by students
6. A List of successful students is sent to the Bursary office for Verification by Principals (an exercise of checking whether students belong to the specified College and their Fee Balances)
7. When successfully verified, payment is done to KMTC Central collection Account and KMTC issues receipt.
8. Bursary Desk officer sends list of successful applicants and copy of receipt to Principals concerned.
9. Principals input the loan in individual student ledgers and inform them e.g. through mounting list of the students on their Notice board.
Note the Following:
There is a lapse of time between the initial list of the beneficiaries and payment which comes with name of those paid for (Verification period).
However all students in the initial list must be paid for though amounts may vary depending on the Student fee balances forwarded to HELB office by Principal
TIME TO APLY
Once advert is out. It has deadlines and therefore any difficulties experienced should be communicated to Desk Officer both at College level or HQ and HELB office
All Pre-service students of KMTC are eligible provided they follow advertisement guideline Higher National Diploma Students are not eligible. However, HELB Loan is available to Public servants on training and details can be obtained from their website or KMTC Human Resource Manager – Head office.
ISMAIL RAHIMTULLA TRUST
1. Hand written Application is send by student directly to Ismail Rahimtulla Trust, see address below
2. Application forms are later sent thro Bursary office – HQ to Principals for students who had applied to fill (Rahimtulla decides who to sent the forms to)
3. Dully filled forms are send back by student directly to Ismail Rahimtulla Trust
4. Rahimtulla Trust sends list of successful students to KMTC Director accompanied by a cheque
5. Communication to successful students is send to Principals by Desk Officer HQ
TIME TO APPLY
Any time and student can apply several times in a given year. There is even room to appeal if not successful.
NOTE: This is all students’ initiative
Application open to all Pre-service students
Other Criteria not known but needy students should apply
Ismail Rahimtulla Trust,
P. O. Box 40333 – 00100,
RATTANSI EDUCATION TRUST
1. Grant given once to Director
2. Director is responsible for awarding the Bursary through Bursary committee at KMTC HQ
3. Students must apply to Director through the Principal/H.O.D attaching evidence of the need for funds.
4. Attached evidence of your financial status (Why you need financial Support. Evidence should not be based on current fee balance or admission letter
TIME TO APPLY
Grant comes mostly once in a year but rarely twice.
Applications are received all throughout the Calendar year but awarding is done once the grant is received (mostly end of the Calendar year)
Application open to ALL Pre-service students
However funds are meant for very needy KMTC students and evidence attached will determine success of the application.
Kenya Medical Training College
P.O Box 30195 – 00100
Principal (of your College)
H.O.D (of your department)
**Comments of H.O.D and Principal are very necessary for they guide Director‘s action.
Prospective candidates are expected to submit a duly completed application form which can be obtained from the KMTC website, KMTC face book and KMTC campuses across the country.
Candidates are advised to attach legible Photostat copies of academic certificates; school leaving certificate and national identity card/birth certificate.
Applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable fee of KShs.2, 000 OR US$50 for non-Kenyans in the form of Banker's Cheque or National bank deposit slip. Application fee does not guarantee admission.
Candidates should provide reliable and permanent mailing address with postal codes for any future contact. Those near Nairobi may hand deliver the completed application forms to KMTC Headquarters' offices.
Applications should be sent to the following address:
P.O. Box 30195 - 00100